A big welcome to Katie Corcoran from Katie Corcoran London who is yet another of the wonderful local #incredibleindependents. In her interview today, she shares more about her fabulous business. Recognise any of those local landmarks?
1) Why did you start your business? Well I’ve been into photography since I was little and my career has always been in the media – I spent years working in London as a Beauty Director and Online Editor for two of the UK’s biggest weekly magazines. My days were varied as I got to direct glossy shoots, write about trends and interview celebrities as well as launch new digital magazines online. I loved the photography, design and digital editing the most and decided to turn that passion into my own company.
When my eldest was just about to start school I knew I only had 18-24 months before my youngest ‘flew the nest’ so I decided to try my own company while I had the luxury of being at home. If it didn’t work then I could at least do it as a sideline passion and still start work full time when they were both at school.
2) What do you love about running your own independent business? The freedom to be totally creative and do what you love most. Plus I love meeting new people and really enjoy the fact my photos and homemade interiors are ACTUALLY in other peoples houses. How cool is that?
3) What is your favourite product or service and why? My favourite print has to be my best seller, the Bushy Park Stag as it just resonates with everyone. From those that know the park and love the area, to those that simply love the British connection to this amazing animal. And more recently, I love my bespoke, handmade cushions…they just make me smile. They are so pretty!
4) Let’s spread the indie love, name some other independent businesses you support. Stellar 79 and Lady Ray London do AMAZING jewellery and Little_Koyo for the cutest kids clothes and prints plus Thames Ditton Gin for delicious hand crafted gin!
5) Which is your favourite social media platform and why? I think Facebook is fantastic as it has a huge active community of people who spend time online, but for inspiration and meeting new people and businesses it’s got to Instagram – It’s the most fast paced dynamic platform out there. A massive thank you to Katie for taking part and sharing more about her business journey. Please head to her website and check out her awesome work. I just love that Bushy Park Stag print! Please continue to support all the amazing independents out there, share the love for the #incredibleindependents!