A warm welcome to Steph from Steph Edwards Reiki who is a Reiki Master and another of the #incredibleindependents out there. Here she shares more about how she came to start her business based on her passion.
1) Why did you start your business? I wanted to do something that allowed me to use my passion and I didn’t want to work in the city or in an office environment. I had always wanted to do something holistic and after becoming a Reiki Master, it felt like the right time and avenue to give it a go and see where it takes my passion and growing business.
2) What do you love about running your own independent business? I love the flexibility and being able to be there for my family when I need to be and for my clients. Meeting like-minded people/clients and knowing what I do is helping others to empower and help themselves.
3) What is your favourite product or service and why? I go in fads with favourite products – at the moment it is Soap Berries. They are so versatile and eco-friendly plus it has helped us to cut down on our plastic wastage by nearly 1/3 (we are a family of 5). But basically, anything that is natural, healthy and vegetarian.
4) Let’s spread the indie love, name some other independent businesses you support. Yourself of-course,
Gin & Yin, who are so innovative and have a vitality about them that is infectious. G!RO – in Esher the staff are always so welcoming & Gary the owner has such an amazing aura about him. Plus the coffee and Mocha with Oat milk are amazing. Surbiton Natural Health Food shop – it’s a bit like Aladdin’s cave… you never know what you might find and I love the smell and chemistry of the shop.
5) Which is your favourite social media platform and why? Instagram – I love the captive images, videos and quotes people post and it helps me to connects me to all my family & friends abroad.
A big thank you to Steph for sharing more about her fantastic business. If you want to find out more about Reiki do get in touch with her, she will be very happy to give you more information.
As I always, please continue to support your #incredibleindependents – the people behind these businesses appreciate your business and your support so please do share the love and use this hashtag to celebrate them!