Welcome to Ralph Wettach who has recently opened Ralph’s on the Kingston/Surbiton border (77 Surbiton Road), we’d definitely recommend stopping by for a bite! Alternatively his food can be found at local farmers markets (Maple Road Farmers market being one) and he also caters for events.
Ralph’s, 77 Surbiton Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT1 2HW
1) Why did you start your business? I had a few hospitality businesses over the past 30 years, I always wanted to work for myself.
2) What do you love about running your own independent business? I love not being bound to rules, we create every day something new. We don’t have to work towards a specific menu. That helps us with using whatever ingredients come along and we can be as creative as we want.
3) What is your favourite product or service you provide and why? I do love the catering side of the business that’s where everything originated and again we can create new menus and ideas for every individual client from scratch if necessary.
4) Let’s spread the indie love, name some other independent businesses you support. I buy my meat from my local butcher in East Molesey (Bentleys of Surrey) who have supported me with excellent products over the past 10 years. My vegetables come from Stears in Berrylands, again a fantastic business and exceptional service.
5) Which is your favourite social media platform and why? Instagram, I am very visual. I love the pictures of all the food and it’s easy to connect with everybody.
Thanks to Ralph for taking part and do let me know if you stop in for a bite! Please continue to support your local independents by using the hashtag #incredibleindependents#incredibleindependents and tell me why you love them!